It is important to stay up to date and fully informed of the latest property prices and rents. This article looks at the Brixton property prices and rents as of autumn 2018.
As of September 2018, Zoopla lists the average price paid for property in Brixton as £575,744 while the average value of property in Bournemouth was recorded as £546,308. This value represents a decrease on the previous year’s value, with the fall of £9,681 representing a fall of 1.74%.
Go deeper than the average price
If you are looking for an overview of the market, the average price paid for property is informative, but it is likely you need more detailed information. The following information outlines the average price paid for property types in Brixton of late:
- Average price paid for flats in Brixton in past 12 months: £460,447
- Average price paid for terraced properties in Brixton in past 12 months: £813,749
- Average price paid for semi-detached properties in Brixton in past 12 months: £1,009,453
- Average price paid for detached properties in Brixton in past 12 months: £965,700
The fact that there is a spread of property prices should be of benefit to people. If you are selling your home in Brixton, the average price guide is of interest but don’t solely rely on the average price. Your home may be better than average, and of course, it is possible to make improvements that will increase the value and attractiveness of your property. With the right guidance, you can ensure your property is in greater demand, with a greater value, than the average market figures.
In figures provided by Zoopla, the current average asking rent in Brixton, stands at £1,855 per calendar month.
Review average rents in Brixton
The average rental fee is informative but if you are looking to rent a particular size of property, or you are looking to rent out a property and you need an appropriate rental fee figure, it is best to review the data in closer detail. Below you will find the average rents for property types in Brixton:
- Average rent for a one-bedroom property per calendar month: £1,381
- Average rent for a two-bedroom property per calendar month: £1,760
- Average rent for a three-bedroom property per calendar month: £2,375
- Average rent for a four-bedroom property per calendar month: £3,204
- Average rent for a five-bedroom property per calendar month: £4,094
Brixton clearly has a lot going for it which means that prospective tenants and buyers are always looking for property in the area. If you are a landlord or vendor, there should be interest in what you offer but given the level of competition in the marketplace, you will need help to stand out from the crowd and make sure that your property is found by the right candidate.
If you are looking for assistance in the Brixton property market, make sure you contact me. I am pleased to say I have considerable experience and expertise in this area and have helped many landlords and vendors, so please get in touch.
CEO, Kings Accommodation